If you’re new to the site – this page is a good place to start.
We’re Gary & Elizabeth. In April of 2017, we packed up and sold our house in Austin, TX, USA and moved to Puerto Morelos, Quintana Roo, Mexico. It’s us, our two dogs Bessie and Sadie, and our cat, Wookie.
Road Trip – Austin to Mexico
We get a lot of questions about our trip to Mexico, including the border crossing. We drove from Texas, along with our two dogs, and we pulled a small cargo trailer. Check out our Road Trip Summary, or the daily posts from our trip:
- Day 1 – Austin to Laredo
- Day 2 – Mexico Border Crossing
- Day 2 – Laredo to Matahuala
- Day 3 – Matahuala to Puebla
- Day 4 – Puebla to Villahermosa
- Day 5 – Villahermosa to Puerto Morelos
Life in Mexico
For some insights into our lives and adventures in Mexico, here’s a few good posts to get started with:
Living in a new country brings a lot of new challenges. Here’s a few things we’ve learned so far:
- Mexican Resident Visa Process. Part 1. Part 2.
- Getting our Mexican Driver’s Licenses in Puerto Morelos
- Notarizing documents while in Mexico
- Dealing with Snail Mail while living in Mexico
- My most used mobile apps in Mexico
- What about our Mobile Phone Numbers and Plan?
In case you’re down with the whole Social Media thing…
We also share additional information and pics on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/texmexexpats
We love hearing from others who are on similar paths – those who have already adapted to a new expat life, those who are in-process, as well as those who hope to someday do so.